Current Project: Magnus Chase and the Gods Of Asgard Novel Study
To Do List:
- Write presentation and review about Magnus Chase
- Record and edit said review
- Æsir - One of the two main tribes of deities venerated by the pre-Christian Norse and other Germanic peoples.
- Vanir - A group of gods associated with fertility, wisdom, nature, magic, and the ability to see the future.
- Yggdrasil - An immense mythical ash tree that connects the nine worlds in Norse cosmology.
- Runes - The letters in a set of related alphabets known as runic alphabets, which were used to write various Germanic languages before the adoption of the Latin alphabet and for specialised purposes thereafter. In regards to the book Magnus Chase , they are conduits for magic and power.
- Asgard - One of the Nine Worlds and home to the Æsir tribe of gods.
- Alfheim - Also called Ljosalfheim, is one of the Nine Worlds and home of the Light Elves. In regards to Magnus Chase , it is Hearthstone's home.
- Midgard - The name for Earth inhabited by and known to humans in early Germanic cosmology, lacking all magic aside from that given by the gods.
- Muspelheim - Also called Muspell, is a realm of fire.It is ruled by Surtr with his consort Sinmara in some accounts.
- Vanaheim - The home of the Vanir, a group of gods associated with fertility, wisdom, and the ability to see the future. Magnus' rightful home, as his father is Frey.
- Jotunheim - The homeland of the Jötun, the giants. Utgard is the capital of Jotunheim, serving as the stronghold of the giants.
- Niflheim - The homeland of primordial darkness, cold, mist, and ice. It is nearly empty adn not much of it is mentioned in the book Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard
- Helheim - The underworld where many of the dead dwell. It's presided over by a fearsome goddess whose name is also Hel, the daughter of Loki. Hel (the godess) also offered to bring Magnus to meet with hid mother.
- Svartalfheim - Also called Nidavellir, it is the home of the dark elves and dwarves, the makers of all godly warpond, including Mjolnir (Thor's Hammer.)